Grand Rounds: Reproductive Surgery - Surgical Management of Endometriosis & Fibroids
Presented by Tommaso Falcone, M.D., Cleveland Clinic
The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology has developed guidelines for learning for the subspecialty of reproductive endocrinology and infertility (REI). These guidelines specify that training in this subspecialty should include training concerning surgical management of endometriosis and fibroids. This live internet activity is designed to provide such training to reproductive endocrinology and infertility fellows as well as other practitioners of reproductive medicine. The activity will consist of a didactic presentation followed by a question and answer session.
At the conclusion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the impact of surgery on fertility outcome.
- Assess the pain outcome of medical or surgical treatment of endometriosis.
- Discuss the recurrence risk after medical or surgical management of women with chronic pelvic pain and endometriosis.
- Identify appropriate candidates robotic myomectomy.
- Discuss how to control and manage blood loss should it occur.
- Plan appropriate port placement and surgical technique.
- Discuss tissue extraction techniques.