Medication Teaching and/or Administration

I see in the coding corner it is recommended that CPT code 99211 be used for education and teaching for injectable medications. If a patient were to come in strictly for the injection, without any type of direct training, what CPT would be appropriate? We are currently investigating 96372 but figured I should submit to the experts. Also, could the CPT code for the injection itself be billed with 99211 or is 99211 all encompassing? Thank you!!


Login now to view the answer to this Coding question. 

If you are not an ASRM member and would like to be, click here.

Quick Links

Learn More About ASRM

Thousands of doctors, nurses, and other professionals in the field of reproductive medicine are advancing their careers with the latest news, continuing education, discounts, and networking opportunities. 

Ready to Join?  |  Renew